[dba-SQLServer] Arthur's article

Djabarov, Robert Robert.Djabarov at usaa.com
Wed Mar 10 16:45:01 CST 2004

I thought I would just ignore this discussion, but when I saw "seasoned DBAs" reference, and I could not resist!

First of all, seasoned DBAs would not use MS Access for database/server administration purposes, NEVER!!!  Very rarely we use Enterprise Manager, OK?  I have stopped using EM on a daily basis since 6.5, needless to say in 7.0 or 2K environment.  How can a "seasoned DBA" even mention MS Access as a tool of choice, unless he/she is not really ... "seasoned"...???

Robert Djabarov
SQL Server & UDB
Sr. SQL Server Administrator (SEASONED)
Phone: (210)  913-3148
Pager: (210) 753-3148
9800 Fredericksburg Rd. San Antonio, TX  78288
www.usaa.com