[dba-SQLServer] QBE in Query analyzer

Arthur Fuller artful at rogers.com
Tue Oct 5 16:34:39 CDT 2004

John W. Colby wrote:

>Is there a QBE tool in query analyzer?  I am having to go create a view to
>use the qbe grid there, then cut and paste the sql into the query analyzer.
>

>John W. Colby
>www.ColbyConsulting.com

Myself, I use Access as my QBE query builder. Just create a view using
the QBE, then switch to SQL view, copy the text, then paste it into QA.
Frequently I name the views within Access, using an underscore as the
leading character, so they drift to the bottom of the sort. That way I
know what's junk and what isn't.
One more thing. Moving back and forth this way, you will discover that
QA doesn't necessarily know that you've just created a new view or
procedure. Select the apprpriate node and requery (F5) to get them back
in synch.