[dba-SQLServer] QBE tool in query analyzer

Mark Rider ridermark at gmail.com
Wed Oct 6 20:12:24 CDT 2004

> In BOL, there are numerous references to something called Visual
> Database Tools (look in the Contents under Using the SQL Server Tools.
> They talk in here about a Visual Query Designer. Where does this thing
> live? I've never seen it!

Visual Database Tools are included in Visual Studio. They are there
for the programmers to better handle writing queries.  Although they
are helpful, you get the same kind of thing in EM.

I personally prefer QA for testing the queries I write in my .NET
apps.  Much more control of the details, and I can always use EM to
see what I might be missing.  The VD Tools are not a lot of help as
far as I have seen.

--
Mark Rider
http://commonsensesecurity.info