[dba-SQLServer] connecting to oracle from SQL Query Analyzer

Billy Pang tuxedo_man at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 27 15:32:01 CDT 2004

Hello:

I want to be able to connect to an Oracle database (version 8.1.x preferred)
from SQL Query Analyzer.  Any ideas?  I tried using a linked server but I
get the following error message when I try to query the oracle db.

Server: Msg 7399, Level 16, State 1, Line 1
OLE DB provider 'MSDAORA' reported an error.
[OLE/DB provider returned message: Oracle error occurred, but error message
could not be retrieved from Oracle.]

I already have the oracle client sw installed on my machine and am able to
query oracle from an oracle client but for some strange reason it is not
working from QA.

thanks in advance.

Billy