[dba-SQLServer] connecting to oracle from SQL Query Analyzer

Billy Pang tuxedo_man at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 29 19:42:20 CDT 2004

Thanks Jim.  The 4th article was most helpful.

I was working with Oracle 8.  Could not install oracle client from CD.  As
it turns out, there is an issue that prevents oracle 8 from being installed
on a P4 system.  There is a patch avaliable for this; the alternate solution
was to copy contents of cd to local disk and rename one of its files; then
only then was I able to install the oracle client.  This issue was fixed in
Oracle 9.

Billy