[dba-SQLServer] Gigabit switch

Jim Lawrence (AccessD) accessd at shaw.ca
Tue Sep 7 23:07:41 CDT 2004

Hi John:

Just another thought about processing/importing your records

You can ask BCP to commit every n records.  This way, you can just keep
truncating the log every few minutes, while BCP is still running.  This
allows one to load a humungous database using a relatively small log
file.  You may want to commit every 100,000 records or so. (A friend does
this all the time when importing large amounts of data with little hard
drive space.)

The gigabit switch seems like the ticket...there is no substitute for
horse-power.

HTH
Jim