[dba-SQLServer] Linked Server Problem for Connecting to Oracle

PaulR PaulR at Zslinc.com
Fri Sep 10 17:55:26 CDT 2004

Hi,

Please help on this, thanks in advance,

I am having very hard time to get the connecting between SQLServer 2000 and
Oracle 8.1.7 using Linked Server, always I am getting the same error message
.

Error: 7933: OLE DB Provider 'MSDAORA' reported an Error,

The Error Occurred while connecting to oracle from SQLServer 2000 in WINDOWS
2003, I have tried with MDAC
2.8, MDAC 2.7 and restarted the Server, nothing is working.  We are always
getting the Same Error

Error 7399: OLE DB Provider 'MSDAORA' Reported an error.
OLE DB error trace [OLE/DB Provider 'MSDAORA'
IDBInitialize::Initialize returned 0x80004005:  ].

But I tried with one of the Windows 2000 machine, its working fine, Please
help...

Please help thanks
Paul