[dba-SQLServer] Opinions welcome

Jim Lawrence (AccessD) accessd at shaw.ca
Mon Sep 13 11:25:31 CDT 2004

Hi Michael:

I had a site that had three offices, a medium number of changes and
additions a day. The site was set to auto-sync three times a day, morning,
noon and late afternoon or when ever a new record was created...there was a
master invoice record/table so there could be no duplicates. There was also
a manual button, just in case.

In the seven years the site has been up, there has only been two or three
duplicates and those were a result of extenuating circumstances and nothing
to do with the sync process.

If you need any help with the deployment, it is straight-forward but it can
be lengthy or the coding...it is really very simple. Also, Arthur from the
group has had a good deal of background in the subject.

HTH
Jim