[dba-SQLServer] Quotes in delimited data

Arthur Fuller artful at rogers.com
Tue Sep 14 15:15:31 CDT 2004

Not having seen the data, but still willing to shoot my mouth off...

I would be sorely tempted to break this table into several, along the
lines of likelihood-of-search. Put the most-likely fields in T1 and the
second-most-likely in T2, and so on, with 1:1 joins so you could
optimize the searches, joining only when you have to.

Second, I would seriously consider putting all those booleans into a big
bit-mapped field so you could AND and OR and XOR and so on.

Just my $.02....