[dba-SQLServer] DTS Issues after Windows Upgrade

Mark Rider ridermark at gmail.com
Tue Sep 14 18:13:16 CDT 2004

I am VERY confused, and hope someone can help.

I upgraded a Win2K server to Win2K3 Enterprise.  Everything went
smoothly, and it did an upgrade rather than requiring a new install.
I was very happy about that. I enabled PAE to take advantage of the 4
Gb RAM that I have in it.

The SQL Server 2K that was running on the box has had one modification
- AWE enabled - to allow it to utilize the extra memory that I added
(and therefor had to upgrade the OS).

I can get to everything in the SQL Server EXCEPT for the DTS
Import/Export wizards.  I get errors indicating that ParseDisplayName
failed, and after clicking OK the error comes up that dtswiz.exe has a
a problem reading the memory at "0x00f9fe48" and I have to close it.

If I access the DTS through another PC everything works fine, but the
time it takes to do this is a lot longer than it takes on the database
itself.

I am going through and (re)applying the service packs and Security
Patches for SQL Server, hoping that will help. But I assume that I
have done something silly with the memory settings, and am hoping that
someone will know what it is.  Microsoft does not offer a lot of help.
 I have the Database using dynamic memory from 2048 - 3072 MB

Thanks for any insight!
--
Mark Rider
http://commonsensesecurity.info