[dba-SQLServer] Restore

Ken Stoker kens.programming at verizon.net
Sun Sep 26 11:46:53 CDT 2004

John,

Yes, I create new databases all the time from backups.  Select the restore
task and then change the database name to your new database name.  On the
General tab, there is a restore set of option buttons with the options
Database, Filegroups or Files, or From Device.  Select From Device and use
the dialogs to locate your backup file.  Once you have selected a backup
file, under the Options tab, you should see the paths for the mdf and ldf
files.  Change as needed.  Then restore.

Good luck

Ken