[dba-SQLServer] Big Databases

Arthur Fuller artful at rogers.com
Fri Apr 15 08:58:36 CDT 2005

According to a survey conducted by The Winter Corporation, the three
largest databases in the world that run on Windows are all owned by
comScore Networks. First place goes to their 8.9 TB database; second
goes to their 8.3 TB database. Third place goes to their 7.3 TB database.

All of them run on Sybase's ASE. All of them are used for consumer
analysis. This data is fed into various web sites, and comScore reported
20 million hits against one db in January 2005. comScore clients include
AOL, Bank of America, Best Buy, Dell, Microsoft, Nestle, the US Postal
Service and Verizon.

I feel firmly put in my place. I have never even cracked the 1 TB ceiling!

Arthur

P.S.
For more on this company and its databases, see
http://www.sybase.com/detail?id=1035124