[dba-SQLServer] 2005 -- the demise of system tables

Billy Pang tuxedo_man at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 1 18:02:47 CDT 2005

I haven't used ss 2005 yet but what do you mean "demise" of system tables?
Can no longer query them or can no longer edit them directly?

In ss2k, I query the system tables occasionally but never ever modify them
directly (with the exception of the dtproperties table but not sure if the
dtproperties table really qualifies as a system table).  If I want
information about objects, I first query the information-schema views;
anything I can't get from those views I get it myself by querying the system
tables directly.

Billy