[dba-SQLServer] Moving databases (SQL Server 7)

Roz Clarke roz.clarke at donnslaw.co.uk
Tue Aug 16 08:22:31 CDT 2005

Hi all

I have 2 databases that I need to transfer from one SQL Server server to
another. I need the data, but I also need the logins, security settings,
maintenance plans, jobs etc.

Up to now I have only ever used backup and restore to copy databases (data
only) on a single server.

What is the best way to do this? I have been asked to do it in the next 2
hours.

ha ha ha ha ha ha

TIA

Roz