[dba-SQLServer] List to Table...

Francisco Tapia fhtapia at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 13:35:55 CST 2005

Last week (or so) I posted a function that can be used to convert a
list to a table...
I was creating an audit log that would have used concactecated a list
into a single column, but broke away from that as it's not a
normalized design

instead I went w/ a standard parent table, child table design which
joined data approrpately... the reason to considering the former, is
because the web ui will be passing me a string list of id's for me to
check against...

I just finished making the 2ndary part to the listToTable function
which handles a quick conversion and it's all cursorless... I expect
that the solution will be faster than a cursor but I've only tested it
w/ less than 3000 records...

http://pcthis.blogspot.com | PC news with out the jargon!