[dba-SQLServer] Starting an ASP.NET Project (may be OT)

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Fri Jan 14 13:04:39 CST 2005

Here are a slew of asp and asp.net advice mailing lists. Also look
through blogs.
http://aspadvice.com/
Tell them your client and server configuation ie. framework, iis version
and os.

If you are running remotely you may need IIS installed on your machine
to support ADSI
This was an old problem maybe fixed and no longer valid.
Install IIS first then ASP framework this caused problems a few years
back maybe fixed.

If you are just starting out here are some templates and wizards.
The new version of ASP.NET Web Matrix wizard
http://www.asp.net/Default.aspx?tabindex=0&tabid=1
how to use web matrix
http://doc.advisor.com/Articles.nsf/nl/13647
Jump Start Your Web Site Development with the ASP.NET Starter Kits
http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/03/08/StarterKits/default.aspx