[dba-SQLServer] Whats going on and how to fix it

Steve Erbach erbachs at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 13:16:01 CST 2005

John,

What were you converting from and what's the new field type?

I'd say that you'd be better served (since there was no data in the
field) by deleting the field and then re-inserting it.

64 million rows. Yikes! You are definitely going to be a guru of
large, unwieldy tables after this project's over, eh?

Steve Erbach
Neenah, WI