[dba-SQLServer] Active Script Task in DTS

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Tue Jul 12 19:03:10 CDT 2005

Hi Joe:

Try using the UNC code for naming the source and destination computers.
Remember that the DTS code runs from the relative location where the MS SQL
server resides not from any local client drive. What the server that hosts
the SQL server sees are what drives are available to it, with all the
permissions. The SQL just thinks the C: drive as local to it. Use something
like "\\MyMSSQLServerDrive\ftp\bom.txt" or "\\MyCommonEDrive\ftp\pub\"

Jim