[dba-SQLServer] SQL Workout

Arthur Fuller artful at rogers.com
Wed Nov 16 02:17:51 CST 2005

There are problems here, probably subterfuge. The proposition waddles
between given names and surnames. Perhaps that was intended as part of the
puzzle.
Arnie
Millican
Nieland
Beth
Clarice
Kowalski
Lehmer
Dave
Given that there are only four people at the table, sub-problem is to assign
the surnames to the proper names and reduce these to (ultimately) four
people. The sub-sub-problem is that I have no idea whether Nieland or
Millican or Lehmer is a given name or a surname. In fact, Beth could be a
surname, as could Clarice and Arnie, though each of these in the
English-speaking world would most likely be given names.
There may be a solution, but there are too many assumed propositions (IMO)
for this to be interesting.
A.