[dba-SQLServer] [dba-VB] MyMovieCollection database

Francisco Tapia fhtapia at gmail.com
Mon Sep 5 23:22:12 CDT 2005

Is the application already using this MDF?, if so it must already attached
to a diffrent sql server instance... I'm just asking here :)

You could always just attach the database via QA as

EXEC sp_attach_db @dbname = N'pubs',
   @filename1 = N'c:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL\Data\pubs.mdf',
   @filename2 = N'c:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL\Data\pubs_log.ldf'

or if all you have is the mdf,