[dba-SQLServer] Using DTS to create Excel file from a2-stepquery

Francisco Tapia fhtapia at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 21:40:24 CDT 2005

Well then what if you were to use a variable table...
instead of using a SELECT * INTO #Table, try declaring the variable table
first..

Declare @T TABLE(Field1 Varcar(8), Field2 INT)

then just INSERT INTO @T and finally select. When playing with exporting
data sometimes using a variable table (virtual table) helps.