[dba-SQLServer] [AccessD] Optimizing Stored Procedures and Views

Michael Maddison michael at ddisolutions.com.au
Sun Apr 2 22:56:05 CDT 2006

Where to begin...

Try

clearing the buffer on the fast db to see if it takes longer if the
cache is cleared.
dbcc dropcleanbuffers with no_infomsgs dbcc freeproccache with
no_infomsgs

Make note of any diffs in the 2 Execution plans, take note of any
parallelism used by either.

Add [ WITH RECOMPILE ] to sproc definition

Rebuild stats

read http://www.sql-server-performance.com/default.asp

cheers

Michael M