[dba-SQLServer] (no subject)

Darren DICK darrend at nimble.com.au
Tue Apr 4 00:13:05 CDT 2006

Hi all
Cross Posted to AccessD list
I am outputting reports to Excel from reporting services (SQL)
The reports have many tables on them with differing column widths
When I output the reports to Excel I find many columns with no data in them

Is there a way I can write some VBA and have it determine the last row on the
sheet with a value in it
determine if there is any data in any cell from the top to the bottom - if there
is no data in the column
delete it. Then 'tighten' all the columns?

E.G. Column A has data, column B not data, column c has data
Delete column b and move column C to the left

E.G. AirCode
For my sheet
    find last.row with data ' that becomes the base point
    find last.column with data ' that becomes a base point
loop through columns & rows
    for A to last column
        from 1 to last row
    if data = null then