[dba-SQLServer] UTC Date Time Fields and Baan with SqlServer

askolits at ot.com askolits at ot.com
Tue Aug 8 16:52:08 CDT 2006

I'm working for a customer who has an MRP system called BAAN. All data
tables are on SqlServer.

For some reason, when we look at the data through SqlServer. All the times
are 4 hours off. When we use their app, the time is correct.

The question is, is it their app or a setting we need to set in SqlServer.
The claim it's not there issue and they don't support direct access to the
data through SQL Server.

We have written custom reports to get the many reports their system doesn't
provide.

Any way to change SQLServer's time so we can fix this issue.

Setting the Server's Region codes won't help us since the server is used for
other things.

I'm thinking there some type of parameter setting we can use.

Note: They used to use standard time fields but now using UTC (makes sense?)

Thanks,

John Skolits