[dba-SQLServer] Addresses in Europe and elsewhere

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Mon Aug 14 13:08:33 CDT 2006

Two things to consider: the foriegn clients will probably know
the correct formatting for their local address, and will this local format
get you out of the USPS without a problem. So you may want
to keep this format and your own broken down by elements
of the address.
There are commercial address cleaning firms if you have a large volume.

First stop

FRANK'S COMPULSIVE GUIDE TO POSTAL ADDRESSES
Effective Addressing for International Mail
http://www.columbia.edu/kermit/postal.html

Postal Codes and IPU or UPU
I can't remember why this was changed
from International Postal Union to Universal

http://www.upu.int/index.html

http://www.embassyworld.com/data/Zip_Codes.html

--
Marty Connelly