[dba-SQLServer] Installing SQL 2000 on a server that already has SQL 2003

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Mon Aug 14 13:22:30 CDT 2006

You might want to check if the SQL-SMO (2005) SQL-DMO (2000)
contretemp has been resolved, at one time both could not exist on the
same machine.
It would then mess up EM. But this may only occur if you also install
SQL Express.
I haven't looked to see if it is all resolved and for what versions.
There are re-registration fixes.
http://blogs.msdn.com/sqlexpress/archive/2004/07/04/172956.aspx

Jim Lawrence wrote:

>OK... late night, non-focused is my excuse and I am sticking to it.
>
>Jim
>
>PS The product is very similar to MSSQL 2005

Marty Connelly
Victoria, B.C.
Canada