[dba-SQLServer] Restoring Database from Another server

David Emerson newsgrps at dalyn.co.nz
Thu Dec 14 11:23:00 CST 2006

I sent this to the general list but it seems more appropriate for this one.

I am looking at the probability of needing to restore a database from
my development computer to a client site (overwriting the old
possibly corrupt version).

There are users and permisions set up on both computers (they should
be identical)

Are there any things I should be aware of that may cause problems (eg
user and role settings not being compatible across the two computers?)

Regards

David Emerson
Dalyn Software Ltd
Wellington, New Zealand