[dba-SQLServer] Linked Oracle Server

Richard Lavsa rlavsa at tigg.com
Fri Dec 22 14:21:51 CST 2006

I did set this up, but cannot refer to how I did it as it was at my
previous place of employment.  However the problem I had was with using
the Oracle provider vs the MS provider.

Grant it you need to have both, but the MS Oracle provider is a wrapper
for the Oracle provider is how I understand it.

I can't remember the error I received when trying to use the Native
Oracle client but it simply wouldn't work.

Please try to use the MS Oracle provider.  It should work just fine..

Rich