[dba-SQLServer] Shrinking log file

Mark.Whittinghill at protective.com Mark.Whittinghill at protective.com
Fri Feb 10 09:24:43 CST 2006

Is there any way to decrease the size allocated for a log file?  I know
how to shrink it, but I can't decrease the allocated size.

Thanks,

Mark Whittinghill
Sr. Programmer Analyst
Protective - Asset Protection Division
636.536.5720
Mark.Whittinghill at protective.com

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail communication and any
attachments may contain confidential and privileged information for
the use of the designated recipients named above. If you are not
the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have
received this communication in error and that any review,
disclosure, dissemination, distribution or copying of it or its
contents is prohibited. If you have received this communication in
error, please notify me immediately by replying to this message and
deleting it from your computer. Thank you.