[dba-SQLServer] DTS Connections and performance

Francisco Tapia fhtapia at gmail.com
Sat Feb 11 04:00:35 CST 2006

With DTS IME if i have more than a single connection I can get data pumped
over xNumber Of Connections, that is, if I have several tables I may create
2 or 3 connections... this makes it so I have data traveling accross x3
instead of each at a time... Depending on what you are doing in the
datapump, you can increase the performance ie, throughput on how much data
gets processed.

--
Francisco

http://pcthis.blogspot.com |PC news with out the jargon!