[dba-SQLServer] DTS

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Sat Feb 18 19:38:56 CST 2006

Installing SQL Server 2005  from BOL
You couuld try initially installing only the basic components like the
database engine.
Then add the other bits.
You could try to install the Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Enterprise
Evaluation Edition 180 day  rather than the standard one
But it is a 1 gig download,  gag...
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=6931fa7f-c094-49a2-a050-2d07993566ec&displaylang=en

Sounds like you may have to get the win server 2003 SP1 CD.

These problems generally crop up with a previous Beta installation  and
occured  between  Beta 1 and 2 of SQL Express.
reguiring a rigamorole uninstall.