[dba-SQLServer] HELP!!! sQL SERVER WON'T INSTALL

Kath Pelletti KP at sdsonline.net
Tue Feb 28 03:14:03 CST 2006

Anyone help with this error?

I have installed MS Visual Studio and then when trying top install SQL Server 2005, it does a system configuration check and gives me an error which prevents the install going through successfully.

Error is:

- COM Plus Catalog Requirement (Warning)

Messages

· COM Plus Catalog Requirement

If SQL Server Setup fails, Setup will roll back the installation but may not remove all .manifest files. The workaround is to rename the files and then rerun Setup. For more information, see How to: Work Around COM+ Check Failure in SQL Server Setup."

I have looked thru help (and googled) and followed instructions there (to reinstall Component services snap in, and reinstall com) and I've done evrything suggested..

But no luck - - getting desperate after 8 hours of this today. I even restored to a ghosted image and re-installed everything new only to get this again.

Kath Pelletti