[dba-SQLServer] SQL Server Express question on informationschemaviews

Susan Harkins harkinsss at bellsouth.net
Thu Jan 12 12:54:53 CST 2006

I was expecting something that isn't... ;)

I don't think there's another syntax, but there might be. Simply put, the
table contains the information for all tables. The WHERE clause is the
simplest way to restrict what you see. If there's another syntax, I haven't
found it. I tried them all.

Susan H.

Susan... and the answer is??

Nevermind... ;)

Thanks anyway.

Susan H.

I can't figure out the syntax for information schema views.

Using this article for 2000, I can get information using this syntax:

SELECT *
FROM db.INFORMATION_SCHEMA.view
WHERE TABLE_NAME = tablename

Seems to me, that I shouldn't need a WHERE clause to identify the table. Any
help on this one?

Susan Harkins