[dba-SQLServer] Buy sql server 2005

Kath Pelletti KP at sdsonline.net
Mon Jan 16 18:32:01 CST 2006

Hi everyone - happy new year.

I need to order a copy of Sql Server 2005 for a new project I need to write. I've never used / bought it before. Can someone point me to the version I need?

I notice that there is a MS Sql Server 2005 Developer edition (only $85 AUS). Will that give me everything I need? And can you tell me which version my client will need so that I can help them to work out costs ?

Thanks all.

Also, can I assume that Visual Studio 2005 Professional Edition includes everything I need to code vb.net and asp.net apps?

Thanks.

Kath