[dba-SQLServer] I've had enough!

Francisco Tapia fhtapia at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 19:08:52 CST 2006

Susan,
    We just upgraded to using Virtual Machines (it's the same really if you
go with virutal pc's)  the beauty is that you can install beta-ware till the
cows come home and work out the bugs without becomeing too frustrated.  I've
been loving them.. I have a functional domain server running on a VM and
it's running Idera's Sql Diagnostic Manager.  nice... i didn't have to
install the software on my machine... now I get to try out sql spotlight on
another set of machines just to test it out... tho quest spotlight is a
little more intrusive because it creates db's at each server and drops off
some client-ware.. i'll need to run a virtulazied version of some of my
servers for the test on that one.. :)

--
Francisco

http://pcthis.blogspot.com |PC news with out the jargon!