[dba-SQLServer] Reporting Services Q

Darren DICK darrend at nimble.com.au
Mon Jan 30 20:45:38 CST 2006

Hello all
I have a nice function that finds the file name from a given path
Function is called f_GetPath - Picked it up from the AccessD Archives - See foot
of this email

To call it in access I would do something like...
Private Sub txtSomeTextField_AfterUpdate()
    debug.print f_GetPath(me.txtSomeTextField)
End Sub

So if the original value passed was C:\Program Files\Some Folder\coolfile.txt
the result in the debug window would be coolfile.txt

In Reporting Services I have a text Box
With a value of Fields!FileName.Value
It shows values similar to w:\Operations\Data Files\ImportedData\WW23879.A23
All I want to show is the actual file name bit not the full path - EG
WW23879.A23

SO I set the value of the text box to  f_GetPath(Fields!Filename.Value)
And placed the f_GetPath function inside the MacroExplorer Under MyMacros

But now when I preview the report I get...
The value expression for the textbox 'txtFileName' contains an error: [BC30451]
Name 'f_GetPath' is not declared.

So...How do I declare f_GetPath

Many thanks in advance

Darren

-----------------------------

Function f_GetPath(ByVal aPath) As String

' Strips the path name from the supplied file and path name

' leaves the trailing slash on there

Dim foo As Integer, aSlash As Integer

aSlash = 0

foo = InStr(aPath, "\")