[dba-SQLServer] nstalling SQL 2000 on a server that already has SQL 2003

Robert L. Stewart rl_stewart at highstream.net
Thu Jul 13 12:52:25 CDT 2006

Jim,

There is no such thing as SQL 2003.  So, assuming you installed SQL 2005 which
is the only release after SQL 2000, you use SQL Server Management Studio and
connect to the server.  Then go to management, Legacy, Data Transformation
Services.  You can import a package file or use the migration wizard from
there.

But, I believe you will have to have SQL 2000 running on the system to do this.

Robert L. Stewart
The Dyson Group International
Software for the Non-profit Enterprise
Expanding your Sphere of Knowledge