[dba-SQLServer] SQL WildCard Searches

Mark A Matte markamatte at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 24 11:34:27 CDT 2006

Hello All,

I am finally getting my data from Informix into SQL Server.  I need to do
wild card searches(about 5-7 different key word combinations) on 10
different fields.  In Access I planned on having a criteria table, each
record being the end of the needed sql statement...and using VBA to loop
through these criteria records and executing them against each of the 10
fields.

Any suggestions as to my best approach in SQL server?

Also,  I have to do this 5 more times...same fields...but different set of
key words each time, so I was kinda looking for some automation...or at
least the easiest way to modify for each new request.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark A. Matte