[dba-SQLServer] Enterprise Manager Opening, But No Objects !!!!

paul.hartland at fsmail.net paul.hartland at fsmail.net
Mon Jun 5 06:15:08 CDT 2006

To all,
Have just come to open my Enterprise Manager and I am getting the error as below:
Microsoft SQL-DMO
Error 126: General Error
If you click the ok button Enterprise Manager opens but it's as if all my registration properties have been lost, I tried right clicking on SQL Server Groups and New SQL Server Registration but then get another error message as below:
Server Registration Information Cannot Be Changed On Remote Registeries.
Has anyone else ever had the same problem, if so how do I go about resolving this...I have thought about re-installing my SQL Server on my machine, but thought I would see if I can get away without doing this.
Thanks in advance for any help on this.
Paul Hartland
Database Developer.