[dba-SQLServer] Training and books

O'Connor, Patricia (OTDA) Patricia.O'Connor at otda.state.ny.us
Tue Jun 20 09:49:46 CDT 2006

We will be getting Sql Server in our office soon. I am going to have to upgrade some access backends to this. I may also have to link to an ORACLE backend. Someone wants to extract data from the Oracle and create a table on the Sql.

I have used ORACLE and SYBASE along with MS Access but I have not used MS SQL Server. I would like to know what books are good to help learn and use. That would give me good tips and reference.  We are also looking to training so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
* Patricia E. O'Connor
* Associate Computer Programmer/Analyst
* OTDA - BDMA
* (W) mailto:Patricia.O'Connor at otda.state.ny.us
* (W) mailto:aa1160 at otda.state.ny.us
This e-mail, including any attachments, may be confidential, privileged or otherwise legally protected. It is intended only for the addressee. If you received this e-mail in error or from someone who was not authorized to send it to you, do not disseminate, copy or otherwise use this e-mail or its attachments.  Please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete the e-mail from your system.