[dba-SQLServer] Installing SQL Server 2000 over XP Developer version

Billy Pang tuxedoman888 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 28 15:25:47 CDT 2006

do you mean perform a clean install of a full license version (ie. have the
full license version co-exist with the existing installation of developer
edition) or uprade the developer edition to full license?  i've installed
multiple instances of sql server on same machine so they can co-exist; i've
done dev-dev configuration but never mixed developer with production
database before though.
in any case, as many have pointed out, back up your database first before
proceeding.