[dba-SQLServer] ODBC Connection error - More Info

John Skolits askolits at ot.com
Fri Nov 3 11:26:35 CST 2006

No, not really.

I was just on the phone with him and it seems there is a compile issue.

I have two, almost identical functions. One works from the immediate window
and the other gives him a compile error. Although the program compiles
correctly.
I'll first have him uncompile\recompile and repair. Yet, I'm running the
exact same version on an Access 2000 version with no problems.

The other option would be to have him reinstall Access 2003.

As far as the ODBC error, I'm finding that when he manually reconnects the
Trusted Connection is automatically set to True. When I relink through code
that I wrote, I always set the trusted connection to False and have never
had a problem on the many applications I have written. Except on his PC.

For now, I think it's his installation, although not positive.