[dba-SQLServer] Job Change, and a Question

Susan Harkins ssharkins at setel.com
Sun Nov 12 09:11:10 CST 2006

If you run a google on SQL Injection, you'll get a ton of information. I had
a white paper on protecting yourself from the problem, and it was really
good, but I no longer have it. I apologize, but I'm sure it's still out
there.

Susan H.
I definitely agree with the sandbox but disagree with the idea of letting
them run dynamic SQL even against a sandbox DB. Far better to inspect their
requirements, with their help, and to design sprocs and UDFs that attempt to
fulfill them, IMO. These can be refined in the sandbox. For example, their
UI presents three combo-boxes, and you write sprocs to deliver what is
required to populate them, perhaps returning an OUT parameter so it's easy
for them to grab the selected value. You work through the UI with their
guidance and deliver sprocs that do what they need.