[dba-SQLServer] Moving the log file

Martin Reid mwp.reid at qub.ac.uk
Mon Oct 2 08:23:08 CDT 2006

John

have you tried this

http://www.sql-server-performance.com/q&a34.asp

Martin

Martin WP Reid
Training and Assessment Unit
Riddle Hall
Belfast

tel: 02890 974477

________________________________

From: dba-sqlserver-bounces at databaseadvisors.com on behalf of JWColby
Sent: Mon 02/10/2006 14:02
To: dba-sqlserver at databaseadvisors.com
Subject: Re: [dba-SQLServer] Moving the log file

Francisco, the "RESTORE" did not work because this is not a backup file, it
is just a database that was detached.  I know how to do it for creating a
new one but these are files already in existence that I just need to move
around as my system changes.

So I still don't know how to "move" a log file from one disk to another that
was just detached (or not detached if necessary).