[dba-SQLServer] Access BE to SQL

Martin Reid mwp.reid at qub.ac.uk
Fri Oct 6 12:37:55 CDT 2006

(<: Always listening.

Thanks for the kinds words. Anything I can do to help just shout.

If you are working in SQL Server 2005 I have been looking at the migration assistant. Its available for download but is not a finished product. I have the new version which is also incomplete but begins to deal with queries etc It still has some very useful features and worth a look.

There is always Upsizing Pro whcih can be used BEFORE you do anything to produce reports on possible problems in your database - this is useful for SQL Server 2000 and 2005 but mostly 2000.

The biggest thing I have learnt is to plan everything before you actually do anything at all re the database particulary a big application. JC summed it up very well.

Again if I can help just shout.

Best Wishes

Martin

Martin WP Reid