[dba-SQLServer] Bulk Insert Errors in DTS

Francisco Tapia fhtapia at gmail.com
Fri Oct 20 10:38:15 CDT 2006

I have the following txt file and designated bcp format to allow me to
do a bulk insert typically bulk inserts are for large files but this
file gives me the same error.  Maybe someone here can show me what I
am doing wrong. (Thanks in advance)

The Error that I am getting is "Error Source: Microsoft OLE DB
Provider for SQL Server
Error Description: Bulk insert data conversion derror (type mismatch)
for row1, column 2 (CHECK_DATA)

---Table----
CREATE TABLE [tbl_File_Log] (
	[SEQ] [varchar] (255) COLLATE SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS NULL ,
	[CHECK_DATA] [float] NULL ,
	[SQL_COL] [varchar] (50) COLLATE SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS NULL ,
	[AV_FLD] [int] NULL ,
	[TOT_REC_CNT] [numeric](18, 0) NULL
) ON [PRIMARY]
--------------

----IMPORT FILE DATA----
SEQ	CHECK_DATA	SQL_COL	AV_FLD	TOT_REC_COUNT
1				574
------
---FromatFile------------
7.0