[dba-SQLServer] SP works sometimes

Mark A Matte markamatte at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 23 21:41:57 CDT 2006

Thank both of you very much for your feedback.  I'll start with what I'm
trying to do.  I have the need to query up 6 fields for different variations
of different words using wild cards...sometimes upto 40 different sql
statements...so my use of >"'+ at ID+'" as Criteria is necesarry to have singe
and double quotes...because @ID is actually the criteria that was used to
isolate the record...since the text is actually the criteria part of my
SQL...I have to surround it with double quotes.

Now for the creation_date>"07/01/2006" and '+ at id part of things...as I said
my @ID is actually the end of my criteria.  below is an example of what is
passed:

@ID=(rc_descrlong Like '%haier%' or rc_descrlong Like '%higher%' or
rc_descrlong Like '%haer%' or rc_descrlong Like '%hire%' or rc_descrlong
Like '%hair%' or rc_descrlong Like '%hare%' or rc_descrlong Like '%harr%' or
rc_descrlong Like '%42ep24%')

So...I have upto 40 statements like this one with different words and
different fields.  I use this SP so I can run all 40 SQL statements in a row
without having to sit and push the buttton 40 times.

If there is a better way please share...SQL I know...SQL Server I am very
new to.

Thanks,

Mark A. Matte