[dba-SQLServer] sp_configure question

Susan Harkins ssharkins at setel.com
Sun Sep 3 08:48:49 CDT 2006

I use Verizon DSL that also uses phone filters.  The first modem that they
sent me had a similar problem.  It could see the connection but it couldn't
pass it to the computer.  They sent me another modem and everything was fine
so it definitely sounds like a modem issue.

The part about not having a cordless phone through the same outlet as the
modem is total crap.  There is no phone outlet in my office so I have a
splitter on the outlet at the edge of the kitchen.  I've got a filter
attached to one side of the splitter with a cordless phone on the other end
and have never had any problems with DSL or the phone.

==========Well, both points are good to know. :) I'll check into the modem
issue and see what happens. Thanks! I didn't believe the phone thing as
well, but after unplugging the phone, the dsl did work for a few weeks. When
we had the dsl, I often heard a click in the phone line when trying to talk
-- it was very annoying. I have filters on all the phones though.

Susan H.