[dba-SQLServer] Import wizard puts data in wrong table

artful at rogers.com artful at rogers.com
Sun Sep 10 08:37:28 CDT 2006

I'm not sure what is going wrong with your wizard, but you can always try downloading a cool program called dbScripter, which can produce insert scripts for any table. It would be a very simple edit (using a capable text editor such as NoteTab) to fix the resulting script so it works correctly. Both dbScripter and NoteTab are downloadable for free (the former is a trial, the latter has both an entirely free version and a professional version).