[dba-SQLServer] Import error

Gowey Mike W Mike.W.Gowey at doc.state.or.us
Tue Sep 19 11:02:37 CDT 2006

Hi everyone,

I have aquestion on an error I am receiving when I try to import some
data from one table to another within the same database.  I am using
Integration Services and created a SSIS package using the import/export
wizard.  The package goes the the validation process fine with no
problems, but when I execute the package to import the data into the
table I get the following error in the progress window and nothing will
import.  I can't seem to get by it.

[Destination - tblInventory [193]] Error: An OLE DB error has occurred.
Error code: 0x80040E21. An OLE DB record is available.  Source:
"Microsoft SQL Native Client"  Hresult: 0x80040E21  Description:
"Multiple-step OLE DB operation generated errors. Check each OLE DB
status value, if available. No work was done.".

[Destination - tblInventory [193]] Error: Cannot create an OLE DB
accessor. Verify that the column metadata is valid.

[DTS.Pipeline] Error: component "Destination - tblInventory" (193)
failed the pre-execute phase and returned error code 0xC0202025.

Anybody have any ideas on how to get by this.

Thanks in advance.